10/5/11

This Moment All

I have a friend that taught me this poem, and I want to share it with:

Mourn not the time that's logged.
As summer turns to fall....
The past is blurred, the future fogged.
What's real is NOW, this moment all.

It's not often that a young man meets a man, other than his father, who becomes such an important part of the fabric of his life. A man who teaches him, guides him, encourages him and strengthens his character. A man who sets an example for him of what a man should be..... What a lucky young man I was to have you, be that man for me. As I have grown older, these memories have become fonder and I thank God for your influence upon me. I know there are many other men who feel the same, and this too teaches me that love and true caring is so important to share with others. Thank you.

As the poem says the past gets a little blurry, but what really matters is now, and that you are still in my life and remain a dear friend that still teaches me. I continue to follow your guidance as I have ask Christ back into my heart. He has surrounded me with a "New Team" of wonderful christian men, that are helping me march to the goal line of life. Your my pulling left guard, busting the line and leading my way. Thank you.

Well Coach you made it to 70, so 80 shouldn't be so tough. Keep having fun and keep doing what you do so well. You are such a wonderful man, I am honored to be your friend...........

Love,
Tim Cappelli
#68 Left Guard 167 lbs.

No comments: