10/3/11

Happy Birthday Coach

Coach Todd it has truly been a joy first to be a player for you and later in life a better friend than player.  I know you have no idea of the impact you have made not on just my life but the lives of countless young people.  You told me once that football is just right now, but what you do in life is forever.  I can tell you that as a  17-18 year old young man that does not become reality until you became a man that is responsible for  others.  I can never tell you how much I appreciated you calling my old high school coach (Ted Bullard) when he was very near death and how that brightened his day. 

I think when a person is that selfless and giving of themselves to others they never realize how far a few kind words can take someone or how it makes others feel.  I am here to tell you in my opinion you are that kind of individual.  I wish I could have contributed more when I played for you but I think by the time I got to you I was out of gas, but you never judged me on that alone and for that I appreciate you.  I could go on all day so I'll close by saying the things we do in life are recorded in eternity.  I love you Coach and thanks for being my friend and mentor.  I learned thru you that you never know when your impacting a life so you better do your best at doing good.   Tim Walker Sr.

No comments: