10/6/11

Happy Birthday, Coach Todd
My first memories of you were in junior high school.  Right after I made drill team you got the ominous task of coming to one of our classes and teaching us the basics of football - so we would cheer at the appropriate time!  Then in high school as our coach, drivers education instructor, and let's don't forget the awesome Texas History teacher that you were.  And then I was lucky enough that you went to the University of Houston the same time as Laurie Larimer and I did.  You probably don't remember, but when Christmas came that year, one of the freshmen football players (Paul Morrison) was selling Christmas trees, and you gave him the money to pay for a small tree that Laurie and I put in our dorm room. I will always remember you as a great role model who really cared about people.  I get to Houston occasionally, and Sheila has promised to take me to see you.  I look forward to seeing you soon.  All the best!

Cathey Hazzard Lowe
David W. Carter High School, 1971
University of Houston, 1975

No comments: