10/5/11

A Man Of God

Don,

Since I met you when I was in High School and just knew you as Greg and Jennafer's Dad, I was impressed with you being a Godly man. As time allowed, you made church at Sugar Creek a priority and it was obvious that you knew the Lord. It wasn't long until I learned that you were a football coach at the University of Houston, and I was impressed with that. But I quickly learned from those who knew you that you were a Godly man on the football field, and I could see it when I watched you on the sidelines. It was obvious that you lived out your faith, and you cared for your players. As the years went by and I heard from my parents how you were dealing with your health, I was again impressed by your perseverance and commitment to the Lord through it all. Now that I have the privilege of being your Pastor, I continue to be amazed at what a Godly man you are day in and day out. You are constantly an example to the men of our church, your former players, the ranchers in the area, and your family. You are truly the example of a Godly man, and I praise God for you in my life. Happy 70th Birthday! You are a blessing!!
Steve Littlefield

No comments: