10/6/11

Hello and Happy Birthday Coach!  Chuck Wesson here.  I've been thinking a lot about you, the entire coaching staff and the guys from my years at Carter, over the last few months as Joe puts together this reunion of the '71 season team.  Wow!  A Thank You for all of your contributions towards making young men, better atheletes and people.  You instilled character, confidence and persistence.  I actually thought I could take Bobby when you called Wesson / Nix for one on ones... right up until I found myself on my back.  Of course, I didn't have that bulky 167 pounds that Tim Cappelli had going for him (lol!).  Thank you also, for all that potential you developed, that we never got to fully realize, in the form of my cousin Steve Landrum.  Any way... I do have a question before closing... Why was it that when you taped knees, you would always tape them just a little higher and a little lower than where we were shaving?  I wound up shaving my whole leg before it was over. lol!  Geez!  I can almost smell the Atomic Balm as I write this.  Happy Birthday and Many More Coach!!  Chuck Wesson

No comments: